If you’re claiming a tax deduction for work-related expenses there are certain guidelines that you must follow and these are –
- You must have spent the money yourself and weren’t reimbursed
- It must be directly related to earning your income
- You must have a record to prove it
Of course you can only claim the work-related part of the expenses, you can’t claim a deduction for any part of the expense that relates to personal use.
So for nurses what can they claim? Let’s take a look at some of the more common work-related expenses that nurses can claim.
Common Deductible Work-related Expenses for Nurses
- Union & professional association fees
- Agency commissions and fees
- Annual practising certificate fees
- Technical or professional publications
Other Work Related Expenses for Nurses
Other expenses that can sometimes be claimed by nurses are car expenses if you drive between separate jobs on the same day OR if you dri