If you’re claiming a tax deduction for work-related expenses there are certain guidelines that you must follow and these are –
- You must have spent the money yourself and weren’t reimbursed
- It must be directly related to earning your income
- You must have a record to prove it
Of course you can only claim the work-related part of the expenses, you can’t claim a deduction for any part of the expense that relates to personal use.
So for nurses what can they claim? Let’s take a look at some of the more common work-related expenses that nurses can claim.
Common Deductible Work-related Expenses for Nurses
- Union & professional association fees
- Agency commissions and fees
- Annual practising certificate fees
- Technical or professional publications
Other Work Related Expenses for Nurses
Other expenses that c